jueves, 18 de junio de 2009

Thing # 2

It is amazing how we ever accomplished anything on a day to day basis with very little technology, and yet we eat, breath, and look for new ways to make our live easier. I am a Bilingual Pre-K teacher and my students become engaged when I use it in the classroom. I have done some research to find better ways to integrate our new and changing technology. this coming year I am planning to work with the parents to teach them the importance of why our children need the basics of learning using technology. As educators we need to adapt to new technologies in to the classroom and take advantage of what are they offering.
Why 2.0 matter?
Because technology is the future and is forcing a new way of education, the new generation of students require that teachers change the way that content is presented. The class must be more interactive and it will allow students to explore different ways of learning , they will find the best way of learning and they will be engage in it.

1 comentario:

  1. 23 Things, I think technology is vital in your position. I know each year we have more and more students who speak very little English or the parents don't speak any at all. Technology can change that. I had a student years ago from Bosnia. They were in a middle of a war and it was terrible. He spoke very little English. Some of my other students made fun of him. So one day when we were in the computer lab, I him create a picture of where he came from using Kid Pix. When the other students saw his pictures of bombs blowing up, the violence, the destruction, it changes their mind how they felt about him. I don't think I will ever forget that.

    ResponderEliminar